The Adderburys once again assume the form of a chamber orchestra at 19:30 on Monday August 1, 2016 for a concert at Oxford’s famous University Church. Directed by Martyn Jackson (solo violin), and featuring Julian Sperry (flute) and Nicholas Parle (harpsichord), the group will be playing a number of baroque favourites, including:
- Handel: Solomon, HWV 67 – “The Arrival of the Queen of Sheba”
- Vivaldi: Flute Concerto No 3 in D major, RV428 – “Il gardellino”
- Vivaldi: Concerto in E Major, Op 8, No 1, RV269 – “Spring” (from the Four Seasons)
- Vivaldi: Concerto in G minor, Op 8, No 2, RV315 – “Summer” (from the Four Seasons)
- Bach: Brandenburg Concerto No 5 in D major, BWV1050
- Pachelbel: Canon in D major
Tickets priced at £15.00 (or £5.00 for students and under-16s) are available on the door or in advance from:
Tickets Oxford (+44 1865 305305)
The Oxford Playhouse
11-12 Beaumont Street
Click here to book tickets online.
University Church of St Mary the Virgin (Map)
We look forward to seeing you there!